Friday, February 12, 2010

Stat Update, Tofu, and Memories of Good Food Back Home

I  lost nearly two pounds this week! WOO!

Stats have been updated on the sidebar.

*   *   *

I'm waiting for my groceries to be delivered. They're supposed to arrive between 11 and 12. I'm really looking forward to eating some tofu, as it's been ages since I've cooked some up. I've had the weirdest craving for it lately! Maybe we'll have a tofu stir fry for dinner. I really need to look up how to get the outside of it nice and crispy though. I also want to try cooking it in beer, like a lovely roommate of mine used to do.

I miss the rad vegetarian restaurant I used to go to in San Diego, Jyote Bihanga. It's on Adams Avenue, my favorite street, just across the way from Lestats, my favorite 24 hour coffee shop... which is a far cry from the Costa in Newport Pagnell that closes at 5:30 or 6. But then, coffee culture isn't that big here. ANYWAY. Jyote Bihanga. They have awesome fake meatloaf (neatloaf), mock bacon BLTs, messy and delicious barbecue tofu sandwiches, and delish lentil soup. They also do a lot of vegan dishes as well. So if you're in San Diego for any reason and you're vegetarian, vegan, or if you just enjoy good veggie fair (like me!), check them out. And then get a latte at Lestats and gawk at the goths and scenesters.

No comments:

Post a Comment