Thursday, February 4, 2010

No longer living in the dark ages

And by dark ages, I mean only being able to access the internet from my fancy touchscreen phone. Heh. At any rate, BT has finally sorted out our broadband connection! Hooray! Now I can get some serious posting done.

* * *

I did get weighed yesterday. Sadly, it looked as though I gained back the kilo I lost two weeks ago. I was a bit upset, as I've been eating well and doing plenty of exercise, but it didn't immediately make me want to run into the shop across the street and buy half of their chocolate supply. That's a plus.

I know weight fluctuations are normal. However, this has prompted me to finally go out and get a scale for home because I realized that I was being weighed in the afternoon, and that (pardon the TMI here) I hadn't had a poo that day. So I'm going to grab a scale tonight when we're in town, and report back tomorrow morning and update my stats on the sidebar. If I really did gain the kilo back, so be it. But then I'll know for sure.

My blood pressure was fantastic though. WOO!

* * *

After just over two weeks of the Chocolate Ban, its still going strong. The only instances of cocoa that have passed my lips were a few mugs of Ovaltine, some cocoa powder on a couple cappuccinos, and some itty bitty flakes in little pots of nonfat yogurt. No chocolate bars, no chocolate biscuits or muffins, no chocolate cereals, no Cadbury cream eggs or Terry's chocolate oranges. There has been some whining and longing looks in the shops, but that's where it would always end. Overall, I'm very pleased!

* * *

Since I've already mentioned poo in this post, I think it's safe to mention farting. My goodness, the farting. Since I've started including a ton more veggies in my diet, I have had the Worst Gas Ever [TM]. Noxious, vile stuff. It seems to have calmed down a bit, and I've read it eventually goes away after your digestive system gets used to it. Here's hoping that happens soon!

* * *

That's all for now. I do have a handful of other posts (with photos and everything! ooh!) lined up, so check back in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment