Monday, February 22, 2010

Race for Life 5k

I've finally signed up for the Race for Life 5k in Milton Keynes! I kept putting it off for a few weeks, but now it's done. It takes place on the 6th of June, so I have plenty of time to train... I know I can WALK five kilometers, but I'd love it if I could jog or run, at least for part of it.*

I've added a button on the sidebar, if you'd like to sponsor me. It's for a great cause: Cancer Research UK.

* * *

Today has been a good day. I've eaten well, drunk more water than I have in a long time (about 6 pint glasses full!), and I managed to do both weight lifting and cardio. I'm really happy about that. Just need to keep it up!

I also listened to the latest Two Fit Chicks and a Microphone podcast, which was great. They answered my question about protein powder (I've decided to stick to real food), and I learned a few other things as well. Have a listen if you haven't yet.


*The only thing I'm concerned about is my arthritic knee. I may have to just power walk it in the end, but I'm going to try to jog/run as best I can without injuring myself or making my knee worse... With any luck, by then my legs will be small enough that I can wear once of those slide on knee support thingies.

No comments:

Post a Comment