Monday, April 19, 2010

Where did the time go?

So... I haven't updated in a couple of weeks. That's partially because I've stayed at about the same weight, and partially because I'm still getting used to working full time again.

Because I'm working again, I also have much more limited time to fit exercise in. However, I now have some money to play with. I've been going back and forth between signing up for a membership at the gym down the road and getting a Wii. For now, the Wii is winning out (as I may be able to get a membership for the gym on site at my workplace after I've worked here long enough). In addition, with the Wii I'll be able to distract myself from the fact that I'm working out and let my competitive nature help drive me. There's also more that I can do besides Wii Fit and EA Active and all that. Many games (like Wii Sports, for example) have a very physical aspect to them, and I'll be able to take advantage of that by throwing myself into the movements more than necessary (and making a rule that I can only play Wii games standing up).

So that's where I'm headed. I should be able to grab a Wii around the beginning of May, and then I'll start setting aside at least 30 minutes a day for it.

1 comment:

  1. The Wii has also got some really cute/fun boxing & dancing games for workin' out. I starting doing a few of those a while back through GameFly as not to have to buy all the games. Gives your fitness repertoire a bit of variety!

    ReplyDelete