Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"Lifestyle" appointment

Today I headed down to the medical centre for a lifestyle appointment. Which is an appropriate name, I suppose. I got a few pamphlets, had a good chat, got my blood pressure taken, and weighed in.

My blood pressure has been high for a while. I don't think I had a problem with it before, but to be honest I hadn't really given it that much thought. My mother had been severely overweight at one point (over 400 pounds), and doctors were always baffled that her blood pressure wasn't that high. Now I think of it, they may have meant in relation to her weight.

Bottom line is that it's something else I need to keep an eye on. My love affair with salt must become a platonic friendship.

Good news though: I lost a kilogram! That's 2.2 pounds! I didn't eat as well as I could have, so I'm quite pleased with that. I updated the sidebar (save for the bmi, as I'm having to update via my phone and can't have two windows open at once... no net connection yet at the new house).

I'm headed back in two weeks to check my blood pressure again and for another weigh in (and I can keep coming in to stand on the scale for as long as I want, even after my blood pressure gets better). This is one if those times when NHS is really awesome.

That's all for now! Hopefully we'll get the internet connection sorted next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment